Cannabis these days has become like a popular culture that people have started following. By now you must have become familiar with CBD and the various benefits that it supports. But are you aware of other compounds that co-exist with CBD or cannabidiol in cannabis plant? There are many lesser-known compounds such as CBG, CBN or cannabinol, and others that though are not present in more significant quantities but are equally essential to be aware of. One such compound is CBG that is Cannabigerol. So, in this article, we will learn All about CBG.
What is CBG?
Cannabigerol is a compound found in Cannabis other that CBD and CBN. It is a non-psychoactive compound which means it does not makes you high. The composition of CBG is less than 1% in the cannabis plant. Therefore, this compound is considered a minor cannabinoid.
It was first found in 1964 with other cannabinoids in the cannabis plant. After the establishment of its 3D structure, scientists could learn more and how it reacts with other cannabinoids.
Benefits of Cannabigerol or CBG
The human body’s worked in endocannabinoid framework attempts to keep the body in its adjusted condition of homeostasis. While there are particular insights about how cannabinoids function, all in all, the endocannabinoid framework performs distinctive capacities appropriate to every zone of the body.
Cannabigerol has been found to follow up on quite specific physiological systems and issues, and its benefits have been many. If taken in right dosages, CBG might prove effective for:
- CBG has been promising is treating Glaucoma as the compound reduces Intraocular Pressure. CBG has also been said to relieve pain as having Analgesic properties
- It has also been proved beneficial in treating Huntington’s disease as it can protect neurons. This disease occurs due to degeneration of nerve cells in the brain.
- This cannabinoid has anti-inflammatory properties as it can prove helpful in improving bowel disease and other conditions such as Crohn’s disease.
- It has also had evidence of treating skin problems. It increases the production of natural moisturizers on the skin which as a result helps fight against conditions like dry-skin.
- This compound has also been researched that CBG is an antimicrobial and antibacterial agent. It has been said to prove beneficial against MRSA or Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, a microbial strain.
- Cannabigerol can also help in relieving pain such as neuropathic pain. Also, CBG is said to have mood-lifting and anti-depressant properties. This compound can also lessen anxiety and muscle tension.
- It has been proved beneficial in many ways. It also acts as an appetite stimulator and can also treat cachexia, which results in heavyweight loss and muscle wasting.
- Studies have also shown that CBG can be proved beneficial in inhibiting the growth of cancer cells such as colon cancer. It also can block TRPM8 and this has been shown to help with prostate cancer.
Cannabigerol Not much Popular. Why?
CBG is still at its initial stages and has not been much a popular compound. This may be due to the fact that this cannabinoid is present is a lesser amount of cannabis strains. Also, there has not been much of clinical research around this cannabinoid. A lot needs to be done. You can try these products but always consult your doctors about the dosage and side effects of the same.
Cannabigerol Users Review
Every morning I wake up and instantly start sneezing. That’s when I reach for my Thoughtcl0ud CBD high CBG formula. Within a few minutes my sneezing subsides because this formula reduces the inflammation in my sinuses. I also love this formula for my old running injuries. I love mixing it into homemade body oils and feeling the pain in my sore ankles vanish! A few drops in an Epsom salt bath is also complete magic!
I had itchy eyes from my allergies. My friend shared some of her CBG formula with me and I was amazed at how fast the results were! I have had allergies most of my life, and nothing has cured them as quickly as this formula. Plus, it gave me an overall boosted mood and feeling of relaxation.
Therefore, this cannabinoid has a lot of potential in the future and many types of research are expected to take place in order to treat various diseases. Though, Human trials are required to prove all the benefits of this compound. Therefore, a lot of clinical trials are still needed.