Looking to add a little spice to your life? You’re at the right place. This hearty vegan dish is full of flavor and can be made in as little as 20 minutes!
This dish is healthy on its own, but we added our CBD in for an extra kick of wellness. Coconut oil adds to the flavors that are already present in the dish, so we recommend either our Full Spectrum or Isolate CBD in Coconut MCT Oil. Remember to add the CBD after you’re done cooking! We use it as a garnish, but you can also mix it in.
This recipe serves 4-6, so make it for the family, your friends, or make it for yourself as meal prep and have food all week!
- 1 1/2 cups lentils (rinsed and drained) *We recommend golden lentils but you can also use red or green lentils*
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or water)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 Tbsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 heaping tbsp curry powder *You can make it yourself or buy it at the store*
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Cayenne pepper to taste (1/4 tsp if you like it spicy, none if you want it mild)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 – 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (Less for a spicier curry, more for a sweeter curry)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ThoughtCloud Full Spectrum or Isolate CBD in Coconut MCT Oil
- Boil 4 cups of water in a saucepan or pot.
- Add the lentils, bring it back to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 4 to 5 minutes (or until tender) and drain.
Heat a skillet over medium heat, and add oil/water, garlic, and ginger. Sautée the garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes.
Lower the heat, then add salt, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne and cook for one more minute.
Add coconut milk and coconut sugar and cook over low heat for 3-4 more minutes until everything is well mixed together and looks and smells like perfection.
Bringing it all Together
- Add the lentils to the coconut sauce and stir over low heat. Add more seasoning to taste. I usually add in a little more curry powder and cayenne for some kick.
- When it’s perfectly seasoned, turn off the heat, add the lemon juice, and stir.
- This lentil curry is great on its own, but you can always add it to rice or some veggies!
- When the curry is in your bowl and ready to serve, garnish it with some hot sauce and CBD Isolate or Full Spectrum in Coconut Oil! The flavors blend perfectly, and it adds a healthy boost to an already healthy dish. Enjoy!