Every day is Taco Tuesday if you’re like us and crave them all the time. If you’re a fan of vegan tacos, you’re going to love these, which incorporate one of the most delicious jackfruit recipes we’ve seen. If you’re not a fan of vegan tacos, well, you’re about to be.
What’s best about this recipe is that not only is it delicious and easy to make, it also incorporates CBD. Your taste buds and your body are going to love this holistic approach to healthy, delicious food.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Servings: 8 tacos
For the jackfruit:
- 2 20 oz cans green jackfruit in water or brine, drained, rinsed, and chopped OR 1 whole jackfruit (preparation instructions below)
- 1 tablespoon light oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the tacos:
- 8 taco shells, hard or soft
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
Chopping the jackfruit (for the whole jackfruit):
- For optimal texture, cut the jackfruit into thin slices from core to the outer edge. This breaks up the tougher core as much as possible and makes for the best-shredded texture. If you’ve ever followed jackfruit recipes before, you know not to discard the core or seeds. They are edible, and you can use them in other jackfruit recipes!
To make the shredded jackfruit:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onions and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions have softened and begin to brown.
- Add the chopped jackfruit, broth, agave, lime juice, and all the spices to the pot and cover. Reduce heat and let it simmer until the jackfruit softens slightly, and about 1/2 of the liquid is absorbed. About 5 minutes.
- Now take a potato masher, and smash all the jackfruit up to get that shredded texture. If you find it a bit wet, cook a little longer. If you find it a little dry, add a splash more vegetable broth.
To assemble the vegan tacos:
- Warm the taco shells according to the package directions. When warmed, add a scoop of the jackfruit and top with an avocado slice, diced onions to taste, some cilantro, and a lime squeeze. Or you can top with whatever your favorite taco toppings are! For the final touch, drizzle a little bit of CBD oil on top using the dropper. We prefer the full spectrum CBD in coconut oil, as the coconut flavor compliments the vegan tacos perfectly!
It doesn’t matter if you’re enjoying these tacos at a backyard barbeque or in front of your TV. This combination of delicious vegan tacos, amazing jackfruit recipes and the best CBD oil will make your mouth and your mind happy.