Certain questions revolving around cannabis generate animated discussion as well as an argument like the Hemp Oil Vs CBD Oil controversy. But, hemp oil is distinctly different from CBD oil and are different cannabis substance.
There are particular differences between hemp oil and the natural component of cannabis sativa or industry hemp known as CBD oil. As buyers, one tends to get slightly puzzled by terms like cannabis oil or hash oil and the marijuana oil. This confusion happens more when certain companies treat these terms as synonyms. On our part, we will take a microscopic view of hemp oil as well as CBD oil and learn more about their relative differences:
Is CBD Oil And Hemp Oil The Same Thing?
Hemp Seed Oil and CBD oil are not same. Hemp Oil refers to the oil extracted by normally pressing the seeds of the hemp plant whereas CBD oil is extracted from different parts of Hemp Plant such as flowers, leaves, and the stalk of the hemp plant and not from its seeds.
Knowing About Hemp Oil (Hemp Seed Oil)
Hemp oil has been manufactured from the hemp plant and is basically an extract of hemp-derived from the plant’s seeds. Hemp is a male plant. Though such variety of oil generally can be derived from plants of the cannabis genus, industrial hemp is the sole plant that is utilized for hemp oil. This hemp is manufactured industrially and contains nominal psychoactive substances.
Hemp Oil Applications
The applications of Hemp oil is numerous from being a cooking oil that is loaded with nutrients to an after shower moisturizer and an emollient. Hemp oil lends a nutty and flavorful taste to the recipes and even can be a substitute for olive oil and used in salads. It is a verified dietary supplement, a beauty care product that resists skin from aging and also used as a hair conditioner.
Moreover, Hemp oil can also be used as the essential component for various types of plastic, in place of petroleum. Besides, it is also applied in eco-friendly paints instead of petroleum-based paints. Similar to other vegetable oils, it can also be used as a biodiesel fuel, for lotions as well as soaps.
What Are The Benefits Of Hemp Oil (Hemp Seed Oil)?
Hemp seed oil constitutes an excellent source of superior quality nutrients and is laced with plenty of antioxidants.
Let’s take a look at some of its beneficial features:
- Hemp Oil augments your body resilience and Immunity as it contains Omega-3 plus Omega-6 fatty acids.
- Vital fatty acids curb demyelination and hemp oil contains them to resist demyelination of your nervous mechanism
- Similar to compounds having a high omega-3s, hemp oil thins the blood and lessens blood clots and swollen or varicose veins.
- The only seed that is edible and is stacked with gamma-linolenic is hemp, that gets modified into the hormone prostaglandin which controls hormonal balance.
- As the sole vegetable oil that is replete with omega-3 and 6, the important fatty acids, hemp oil assists in reducing cholesterol by increasing the metabolism.
- The nutrients present within hemp-oil can also regulate diabetes because of its low carbohydrate and sugar profile. Besides, it also assists in curbing psoriasis, that results from insufficient omega-6 fatty acids. Various researches have also highlighted that the presence of linoleic acid in hemp oil can combat psoriasis as well as the aging mechanism.
- They are also an excellent source of Vit E antioxidants, fatty acids,” and are loaded with minerals like zinc, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron and phosphorous besides, microelements such as strontium, thorium, chromium, and arsenic.
Can Hemp Oil Cause A Positive Drug Test?
This question has led to a big confusion among the masses. People need to know that a cannabis plant constitutes both hemp and marijuana out of which Hemp is non-psychoactive and marijuana is the psychoactive one.
You will never show positive on a drug test after consuming or using Hemp Oil. This is due to the fact that hemp seed oil contains no traces of THC although trace amounts of THC can be found which is actually not enough to make one high or show positive in a drug test.
What are the side effects of hemp oil?
There are generally nil side effects of hemp oil but when consumed at excessively high dosages, it might cause some unexpected side effects. Some of the side effects that hemp oil can cause are Low Blood Pressure, Dry Mouth, Impact on hepatic drugs in the body and tiredness.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is sourced out of the leaves, buds, and stems of hemp. Generally, such strains are picked that retains a higher proportion of CBD so as to achieve optimal potency in the finished product.
What does CBD Oil Help Treat?
The oil that results is one that is replete with CBD and has minimal THC, making it highly suitable for those desiring the advantages of marijuana with none of its psychoactive impacts.
CBD oil has proved its efficacy in epilepsy treatment, psychological and anti-anxiety therapy, cancer remedy as well as for anti-inflammatory, neurodegenerative disorders, and heart-health treatments.
In addition, CBD counters the intake of THC and helps in diminishing the various negative properties of marijuana and producing a soothing effect. This cannabidiol oil is an organic element of hemp and is formed out of the leaves, stem, and flowers of hemp and unlike hemp oil not derived from the seeds of the hemp plant. CBD oil is also in great demand in the domain of medical marijuana, as it assists in different medical conditions with no intoxicating impact that is generally associated with marijuana.
CBD Oil (Industrial Hemp) Applications
CBD with several benefits for the heart and circulatory system, including the ability to lower high blood pressure. CBD has revealed its numerous advantages with regard to heart plus circulatory health that includes its capacity to reduce high BP.
It also has its applicability due to its anti-seizure qualities in the cure of epilepsy and neurodegenerative ailments. It is also utilized for inflammatory conditions, pain relief, anxiety, and low moods, besides cancer therapy and diabetes prevention.
Further, the antipsychotic impact of CBD helps schizophrenic patients in their lowering of psychotic syndromes. It is also effective in treating substance abuse through its capacity to alter the brain circuits that are associated with drug addiction. Besides, the anti-tumor impact of CBD is well demonstrated in animal studies that have revealed its capacity to curb the progression of the prostate, brain, breast, colon,” as well as lung cancer.
Major Differences Between Hemp (Hemp Seed Oil) And CBD Oil (Industrial Hemp)
The contrast between Hemp and CBD oil can be traced to these five variations namely:
Breeds of Origin, portions from where the oil is produced, cannabinoid profile, Utility, Production technique. So let’s get on with our investigation on Hemp Oil Vs CBD Oil
- Breeds of Origin: Both the Hemp and CBD oil are derived from the same breed Cannabis sativa, though few types of research have hinted at the genetic similarity of the hemp to Cannabis indica. In essence, both these oils originate from varying strains of the plant Cannabis. Actually, though hemp and CBD oil belong to similar genus and breed that is Cannabis sativa, hemp oil is sourced from an extremely negligible cannabinoid count. Hence, you will find different strains of the Cannabis sativa species in the hemp and CBD oil respectively.
- Portions of the Plant Utilized: Besides, being extracted from diverse strains of the similar plant, hemp and CBD oil are generated from the various portions of their particular plants. It is the seeds of the hemp from where hemp oil originates, just like oils gathered from olives or almonds. On the other hand, CBD is generated from the flowers, leaves or stems of the Cannabis sativa. One has to acknowledge that hemp is also non-psychoactive and is not medicinal as the Cannabis sativa. The reason for this is the low cannabinoid profile of the hemp.
- Cannabinoid Proportion: The Marijuana cultivators generally concentrate on both THC and CBD cannabinoids. They produce new versions by mixing strains that augment one cannabinoid and reduces the other. CBD has proved its usefulness in the treatment of numerous medical conditions. Growers have also produced strains having high CBD and minimal THC that has enhanced its medicinal impact without any euphoric feel associated with psychoactive high. This does not indicate that every THC based or CBD based minus the rest of the cannabinoids are the best, as there is something called “entourage effect” that is significant for psychoactive as well as therapeutic users.
- Low THC content in Both Hemp and CBD oil: Hemp Oil & CBD Oil both have lower THC content in comparison to different marijuana products. Many countries follow a requirement that has to follow in hemp, that is a THC concentration of 0.3% or even less. At such a minimum percentage, you would not feel high.
- Hemp Oil Contains Low CBD: The minimal CBD count of 3.5% in Hemp oil has made it not very useful in medical therapy. Due to its negligible cannabinoid count with regard to THC plus CBD, hemp oil has varied uses that different from CBD oil.
- CBD Oil Has High CBD: The CBD count in CBD oil is 20% which makes it highly apt for medical therapy for conditions like seizures, stress, nausea and also for cancer.
- The difference in Uses: Hemp Oil is essentially a foodstuff similar to coconut or olive oil and can be used advantageously in recipes. Hemp oil is packed with polyunsaturated fats like Omega 3 and 6, Vitamin-E, B1 and B2, potassium. Though hemp oil has nutritional advantages like olive oil. Hence, it can give nutrients to your brain and curb degenerative conditions of the heart and also lower levels of blood fat. But still, CBD oil outsmarts hemp oil regarding health benefits as it is a medicine with legion utility including bone treatment, inhibiting cancer cells and bacteria growth, checking artery blockage and skin related ailments like psoriasis, insomnia, muscle spasms and seizures, Psychosis, inflammation, reduced appetite besides, raised blood sugar and chronic pain.
- Extraction Technique: Hemp oil is pressed from the seeds, while CBD oil follows various methods like butane, C02 or RSO also called Rick Simpson Oil that includes a pressing technique from the complete plant and heat vaporizing termed as Rosin.
What are the side effects of CBD oil?
CBD oil can be well tolerated at high dosages and safe but if consumed in high dosages it may cause some side effects in some people. Some noted side effects of CBD oil are Diarrhea, Changes in appetite, and Fatigue. It may also cause some adverse drug interactions. Therefore, it is always recommended that you start with low dosages and consult a doctor beforehand.
In final, knowing the distinction between both oils is vital for buyers who may consider both of them to offer similar benefits. Moreover, knowing the primary differences between hemp and CBD oil would create a better understanding as to what to expect while purchasing. They can also know better if they want to include such products in their health schedule.
Use your judgment as well as the power of technology to identify the product. Brands that assure you an all-inclusive cure of ailment and unbelievable CBD percentage numbers and terpenes are not very credible.
Moreover, scan reviews of CBD products and its manufacturing company. Also, do not miss out checking independent lab trial reports. Though it may result in a higher rate of items, after all, your health is something that cannot be compromised. Always be a safe buyer when you are out to choose your favorite CBD oil and Hemp Oil items.