Most people perceive the operation of the endocrine system to be a bit dry, so it’s not normally a topic of conversation around the dinner table or something you’d choose to study upon. Understanding the fundamentals of this crucial and intriguing endocrine system, however, can make a significant difference in life. Let us look at how the seven chakras and the endocrine system are connected to each other.
The endocrine glands have a huge impact on our overall health. The glands that generate and secrete hormones make up the endocrine system. It is in charge of the body’s hormonal functions, with each of the 30 hormones generated performing a specific function. Wacky hormones have an effect on us all, and it’s safe to say it’s not good!
When one gland’s function is out of balance, it might have an impact on the health of the others, and the glands have an impact on the overall function of the body. The endocrine system affects not only the physical but also the emotional and energetic realms. Understanding how to nourish our own bodies and support the normal functioning of these glands is extremely useful and empowering. You can easily keep your body in tune and enjoy more happiness and balance with a few simple steps.
Table of Contents
The Endocrine System: A Beginner’s Guide
The endocrine system is a vital part of your body that is often disregarded. It regulates sleep, heart rate, metabolism, the immune system, and many other physical functions, but it is also essential for mental functionality and mood.
When we consider the hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, and parathyroid glands, as well as the pancreas, ovaries, and testes, we can see why this system is so crucial. The endocrine system also includes the pancreas, kidneys and placenta. So, if you’re feeling low, sensitive, or just plain grumpy, it’s possible that your endocrine system is malfunctioning.
- The hypothalamus and pituitary work together to control all aspects of survival, including hunger, thirst, sexual activity, body temperature, stress, and fight or flight. The hypothalamus instructs the pituitary, which subsequently instructs the other endocrine organs. Imagine it as a command centre with a chain of command, and everything that goes wrong in this chain of command can throw the body’s balance off.
- The hypothalamus receives feedback from the endocrine organ hormones, which signal it when to switch on or off. The hypothalamus serves as a link between the endocrine, neurological, and immune systems. The endocrine system and the central nervous system have a strong link, and the two systems work together. The majority of illnesses are caused by imbalance and stress, and we all know that if your nervous system is in good shape, you will be able to deal with stress more effectively and enjoy optimal health.
- Hormone secretions are like a language; they’re a dance that maintains us energetically steady, balanced and supported. We feel exhausted, heavy, and unsupported when it is out of balance. Stress has a significant impact on our endocrine function and, as a result, our nervous system.
The Chakras And The Endocrine System
Plato, an ancient Greek philosopher, considered the chakras, or spinal energy centres, as subtle organs of the soul in establishing dominance over the mind and body. Plato claimed that the soul manifested itself in three different ways.
- He referred to the logos, psyche, or immortal soul as the greatest level of soul expression. It is related to the endocrine gland, the pituitary, and the hypothalamus, or master gland of the endocrine system, and is located in the centre of the brow. The thymos, or mortal soul, is the aspect of the soul that is in charge of the body and its vital manifestation, and the thymus gland is its related endocrine gland.
- The third, or lowest level, epithymia is concerned with our basic survival instincts and is related to the endocrine glands, the adrenals, and is located at the root centre. The endocrine glands are deeply embedded in the chakra system, with the base chakra and possibly the most significant endocrine glands – the adrenals – forming the primary energetic support or foundation for the entire organism.
- Every chakra is linked to an endocrine gland, according to Hermeticists and other esoteric philosophers: the crown chakra is linked to the pineal gland, the brow centre to the pituitary and hypothalamus, the throat centre to the thyroid gland, the heart centre to the thymus gland, the solar plexus to the pancreas, the sacral chakra to the reproductive organs, and the base chakra to the adrenals.
- The chakras are supposed to correspond to the endocrine system’s many glands. They reasoned that the spiritual, psychological, psychosomatic, and physiological activities given to the chakra, or energy centre, must be related to the function of the accompanying endocrine gland.
Disruptors of the Endocrine System
Hormone levels are affected by stress, infection, and inflammation, as well as sleep, exercise, and food – particularly minerals and fluid balance. Synthetic organic compounds have a deleterious impact on the human endocrine system, putting human reproduction, growth, and development under stress. Endocrine disruptors mimic or block hormones, causing the body’s natural functions to be disrupted due to endocrine gland dysfunction.
The Role of CBD
CBD (cannabidiol) is a non-psychoactive chemical found in hemp and cannabis plants. CBD’s popularity has skyrocketed in the previous decade all over the world. CBD is well-known for treating a variety of medical and psychological issues, including chronic pain, inflammation, stress, and anxiety.
The endocannabinoid system is found in everyone and plays a function in maintaining physiological equilibrium. It is strongly linked to the endocrine system and is known to regulate stress, mood, memory, fertility, bone growth, pain, and immune function. CBD appears to boost the endocannabinoid system, according to research. As a result, CBD has the potential to alter important hormones such as insulin, cortisol, and melatonin. It is touted as a natural therapeutic option for hormone issues.
Today, doctors recommend including CBD in your daily routine to maintain overall health and wellbeing. Many yoga and meditation experts also suggest CBD helps enhance the effectiveness of these practices.
CBD products come in a variety of formats, including edibles, topicals, and vapes. However, you must be cautious about who you buy from. Because CBD is so popular, many businesses will contaminate their goods to save money on production. In exchange, they provide customers with lower-cost products. Simply keep the following criteria in mind when determining if a firm is genuine or not:
- Test results from third-party labs on the website
- Ingredient details on the product label
- Product contains less than o.3% THC
Final Thoughts On Chakras And The Endocrine System
ThoughtCloud is one of the most well-known CBD brands on the market today. They provide high-quality CBD products that are made from organically farmed hemp plants. Furthermore, they adhere to all legal requirements and have a reputation as one of the greatest CBD providers. In the CBD tincture section, they provide two options: Full-Spectrum CBD in coconut MCT oil and Full-Spectrum CBD in hemp seed oil. CBD Gummies, CBD face wash bars, and CBD bath bombs are among the additional goods available.