Studies around cannabis and hemp plants have been ongoing for several years. Until a few years ago, THC was the only cannabinoid widely available in the market. Then, CBD came along. Once CBD products became common, other non-intoxicating cannabinoids like CBG, CBC, and CBN were also derived from cannabis and hemp plants.
In this article, we will look into detail about CBG oil, its benefits, side effects, and how to consume it.
What is CBG oil?
Cannabigerol (CBG) is a chemical compound derived from cannabis Sativa. This compound could be considered as the mother of all cannabinoids because CBD, the most common cannabinoid, comes from CBG. THC is the most similar cannabinoid to CBG, the only major difference being CBG does not cause intoxication. Just like CBD oil, product makers have manufactured CBG oil products for easy consumption and effectiveness. CBG affects several systems in the human body and can help to overcome some very crucial medical conditions.
Benefits of CBG oil:
While the research around CBG and CBG oil is still in its early stages, many studies suggest that they offer several benefits. Some of the medical benefits of CBG are listed below.
- Inflammatory bowel disease: In 2013, a study conducted on mice suggested that CBG may be helpful in reducing inflammation.
- Glaucoma: It is a known fact that medical cannabis is effective in treating glaucoma. A 2008 study suggested that CBG might be partially responsible for this effect as it helps reduce intraocular pressure.
- Bladder dysfunction: Some cannabinoids are said to affect the contractions in the bladder. This study from 2015 suggests that 5 different cannabinoids affect the bladder, and CBG had shown the most promising result at acting towards bladder dysfunction.
- Cancer: In 2014, this study looked at colon cancer in rats and concluded that CBG might help in reducing the growth of cancer cells and other tumors.
- Bacterial infections: Many studies suggest that medical cannabis can be used to kill bacteria. This study from 2008 suggests that CBG is very effective in dealing with MRSA, which causes drug-resistant staph infections. These infections can be fairly dangerous and very hard to treat.
- Appetite loss: Another study conducted on rats in 2016 suggested that CBG could help stimulate the appetite. These chemicals can also be used to help people with conditions like cancer or HIV.
While all of these studies are from trustworthy sources, it is important to remember that they don’t confirm the benefits of CBG. A lot more research is needed to fully understand how CBG works in the human body.
Does CBG oil cause any side effects?
Since CBG does not cause intoxication or the feeling of it being habitual, consumers prefer using CBG oil rather than other high-in-THC products. Studies around CBG oil also seem to be very effective in rats. However, there is not enough research to talk about the potential side-effects it may have on humans.
CBG Oil: Full Spectrum
Full Spectrum CBG oil is a product whose formula combines all the other cannabinoids like CBD, CBC, and CBN with CBG. While CBG alone has a potent effect on inflammation, a combination of all these cannabinoids may have a much higher effect on inflammation. When the cannabinoids work together, they create a synergy in each other’s effect and increase certain benefits of CBG.
CBG Oil: Isolate
CBG Oil isolate products are rich in CBG oil with little to no other cannabinoid to go along with it. If you are particularly looking for products with CBD and CBG, we highly recommend ThoughtCLoud Dual Spectrum CBD+CBG Isolates. This product comes with a coconut flavor is the perfect formula for people who want to reap the benefits of just CBD and CBG.
How to consume CBG oil?
CBG oil products are usually made to consume orally. Consumers can take the CBG oil in two different ways:
Place about ½ ml or 10 droplets of the oil under the tongue of the consumer or;
Add about ½ – 1 ml of the oil to a drink of any kind.
To sum up:
We hope this article has helped you to understand the basics of CBD oil. We highly recommend trying out ThoughtCloud’s diverse collection for your well-being.
Have you used any of our products before? Let us know in the comments below.