Spa owners around the world have used natural remedies for treatments for thousands of years. These include everything right from stress reduction to improving the condition of your skin and hair.
CBD has gained a lot of popularity for its healing properties over the last decade. So much so that doctors and experts worldwide recommend using CBD products to deal with various health conditions. CBD has also been highly popular in the wellness industry, including meditation, yoga, spas, etc.
In this article, we will discuss how spas are incorporating CBD-based products into their treatments. But before that, let’s have a brief look at what CBD is.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, commonly known as CBD, is one of the many cannabinoids extracted from hemp or cannabis plants. As mentioned before, CBD is well known for treating various health conditions, including inflammation, pain, eczema, stress, and much more.
The human body has an Endocannabinoid System that contains many endocannabinoid receptors. These receptors interact with the cannabinoids naturally produced by the body to influence many functions within the body. This includes mood, memory, inflammation, etc. Researchers have found that since CBD is also a cannabinoid, it can enhance the efficiency of the endocannabinoid receptors and ensure the smooth functioning of the ECS.
Is CBD legal?
Many states in the USA and other countries have legalized CBD-based products as long as they contain less than 0.3% THC. THC is the cousin compound of CBD that is responsible for the psychoactive effects on the consumption of cannabis. Less than 0.3% THC ensures that CBD products won’t cause any psychoactive effects and can only be used for medicinal purposes. Today, buying CBD products is as easy as shopping for your favorite clothes on Amazon. All you have to do is find a trustworthy online seller and get the goods delivered to your doorstep.
How are spas using CBD in treatments?
According to the ISPA US Spa Business study, close to 18% of spa owners have incorporated CBD into either treatment or retail sales. Since CBD has been in use for a longer time in the southwest, it showed the highest numbers with 42% of spas using CBD instead of north-east and south, where the numbers are about 3%. CBD is highly versatile and can be used with almost everything spas offer. Let’s have a look at some of the ways to incorporate CBD into your spa business:
- Manicures and pedicures: Many spas have integrated CBD by offering CBD manicures and CBD pedicures. With flavors like lavender lemongrass and coconut oil, you can give your manicures and pedicures a whole new idea.
- Deep healing muscle treatment: One of the most important qualities of CBD is anti-inflammation. Adding CBD to any given treatment can be very relieving for the customer. Since camphor and CBD work well together to target inflammation, many people turn to CBD for post-workout aches and pains.
- Massage therapy: With products like CBD massage balms, creams, and ointments, many spas have started using CBD in massage therapy. CBD balms can relieve joint and muscle pain almost instantly, and many people advocate the use for targeted area pain.
- Facials: CBD is known for treating acne and improving the overall health of your skin. Many spas have also added CBD facials to their menus. CBD helps remove all the excess dirt and oil from the skin and prevents them from accumulating in the future.
- Mud therapy: Many spas also believe in natural healing practices such as geothermal pools and mud therapy. These spas have included CBD oil in massages, body scrubs, and facials. This gives the whole mud therapy experience a new touch added benefits of CBD.
CBD has been very popular for its healing properties. However, many people still avoid its use because it comes from cannabis and hemp plants. However, once you understand the legal aspect and content of CBD products, it is easier to include them in your daily routine.
Spas around the world have incorporated the use of CBD in various treatments as well as retail sales. If you are looking to purchase trustworthy CBD products online, we highly recommend ThoughtCloud. They have a wide range of organically made CBD products that can be used in various spa treatments.