Cannabidiol or CBD is rapidly becoming the most loved and useful therapeutic agent. This is major because of the increasing number of medical benefits discovered that this cannabinoid offers in treating a plethora of health issues. While this miraculous herb can relieve minor issues such as nausea, migraines, insomnia, and more, it is also being used by people to treat chronic and long-term conditions. One such long-term issue that CBD can relieve is Spinal Stenosis. This condition leads to chronic pain in the lower back and neck and is very difficult to treat. CBD being an organic agent works on the root cause of the condition and helps in treating it. Let us discuss this condition further in the article.
What Is Spinal Stenosis?
Spinal Stenosis refers to the narrowing of the spaces within the spine. This puts pressure on the nerves which travel through your spine. It is a common condition and leads to pain, weakness, cramping, and numbness in the area where narrowing takes place.
Moreover, these symptoms can worsen over time. The most common cause behind this condition is the wear tear in the spine in people suffering from Osteoarthritis.
Types Of Spinal Stenosis
There are two major types of spinal stenosis. These are classified according to the place in the spine where this condition occurs. These include:
Cervical Stenosis: This type of stenosis occurs when the spinal canal that protects the neck narrows due to trauma or degenerative changes.
Lumbar Stenosis: This is a very common type resulting in lower back pain. In this type, the contraction occurs in the spine present in the lower back.
What Are The Symptoms Of Spinal Stenosis?
The signs and symptoms of this condition begin slowly and become worse over time. Some might not feel any symptoms at all, therefore, it becomes for the theme to diagnose this condition until they get an MRI scan done.
The symptoms of spinal stenosis vary based on the location where narrowing of the spine has occurred:
Symptoms Of Cervical Spinal Stenosis Include:
1. Weakness in the hand, arm leg, or foot
2. Numbness or tingling in your hand, arm, leg
3. Pain In Neck
4. Problems while walking and balancing
5. Bowel dysfunction can also occur in severe cases
Symptoms Of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis include:
1. Pain in the lower back
2. Weakness in your leg
3. Tingling and Numbness in the leg
4. Pain in your legs when you walk or stand for long periods of time
What Causes Spinal Stenosis?
Some people are born with a small spinal canal referred to as congenital stenosis. Mostly this condition occurs when something narrows the open space in your spine. Some causes of spinal stenosis can be:
1. Osteoarthritis: Due to the wear and tear from osteoarthritis, there can be a form of bone spurs into the spinal canal. These spurs can lead to narrowing of the spinal spaces leading to stenosis.
2. Herniated Discs: When the soft cushion is present between your vertebrae herniate, they result in the narrowing of the spaces.
3. Tumors: Tumors can also form inside the spinal cord which can result in spinal stenosis. Other causes can be a spinal injury or surgery and Paget’s disease can lead to this condition.
What Are The Treatment Options Of Spinal Stenosis?
Spinal stenosis and its symptoms can be relieved with certain treatment options. Usually, these common treatment options depend on the severity of symptoms. These include:
1. Pain Relievers: NSAIDs such as Ibuprofen, Naproxen, and Acetaminophen can be used to relieve the severe pain and discomfort of this condition. These can have severe side effects so should be taken for a short time only.
2. Antidepressants: Antidepressants such as amitriptyline can also be taken to reduce chronic pain. These can also have side effects.
3. Anti-seizure drugs: Anti-seizure drugs such as pregabalin and gabapentin can be taken to relieve the pain caused by damaged nerves.
4. Physical Therapy: People who have spinal stenosis become less active in order to reduce pain. But this can result in more pain due to muscle weakness. Therefore, you need to do physical therapy in order to strengthen your muscles, maintain the flexibility of your spine and improve your balance.
5. Surgery: If the above treatment options do not work, surgery to decompress the area can also be recommended by your doctor.
Using A Natural Remedy: CBD For Spinal Stenosis
One of the natural and safer options to help in relieving chronic pain is Cannabidiol or CBD.
This remedy plays an essential role in treating a variety of health issues such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, inflammation, and more. Conditions such as spinal stenosis can also be relieved with the help of CBD Oil.
The benefits of CBD Oil in spinal stenosis include:
Studies have suggested that CBD is a powerful anti-inflammatory as well as pain-relieving agent and can be effectively used to relieve chronic pain. It works on the receptors present in the Endocannabinoid System of our body and fights various health problems.
How To Take CBD Oil For Spinal Stenosis?
CBD is safe and non-psychoactive in nature which means it will not make you high at all. Derived from industrial hemp, this remedy can be taken in a number of ways. To treat Spinal Stenosis, the best way to take CBD is:
Applying CBD Balm Topically:
The best method which can be considered as most effective in relieving the symptoms of Spinal Stenosis is applying CBD Pain balm on the affected area.
CBD Balms are specifically designed to treat different types of chronic pain and inflammation. Being Full Spectrum this balm works in combination with various cannabinoids and provides an isolated relief within a few minutes of application.
You can take a considerable amount of this balm and massage it slowly on the affected area for best relief.
Vaping CBD Oil:
Vaping CBD Oil with the help of vape pens is another potent method of getting maximum CBD in your body for dispersed and faster relief. You can vape CBD oil a few times a day. This will help in relieving the pain and inflammation as well as will calm your nerves down and will give ultimate relaxation.
Relieve Spinal Stenosis Effectively With CBD
As discussed above, medications are not the fool-proof option to treat the symptoms of this condition. They can have certain severe side effects and are also not good for long periods. CBD, on the other hand, is an organic and safe remedy to relieve this condition. It can not only reduce the symptoms but can also calm you down and reduce your anxiety problems that might arise from this condition.
We hope you liked this article on CBD Oil For Spinal Stenosis. If you have any suggestions for us, please let us know in the comment section below.