The CBD market is gaining popularity day by day. People are switching to this organic healer to treat a plethora of issues such as pain, anxiety, depression, and many more. It can be consumed in many ways and one such method is mixing the CBD oil in your edibles. The best thing about CBD is that this cannabinoid is non-psychoactive which means it is completely safe and will not induce a high when consumed.
Best CBD-Infused Food Recipe | CBD Gingerbread Cookies
The holiday season is here, and you all must be planning to cook something that’s delicious as well as good looking on this Christmas Eve. And nothing will be better than making some mouthwatering Gingerbread Cookies for your family and friends this holiday season. Even better, you can make these cookies not only lipsmacking but also healthier with the help of CBD. Isn’t it pretty amazing?
It is indeed and this is why we are here to help you with the easiest way to make CBD infused Gingerbread Cookies. These are not only tasty but are also extremely healthy. Once baked, these cookies will then be dressed up with royal icing. Let us get started with the delicious gingerbread cookies now without wasting a single moment.
Recipe for CBD Gingerbread Cookies
You can prepare these cookies a week ahead and store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
3 dozen cookies of approximately 3 inches
- 3 cups Flour- All Purpose
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. freshly milled black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 Tb. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 Tb. vegetable shortening at room temperature
- 1 Tb. of Full Spectrum CBD Oil
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup unsulfured molasses
- Royal Icing ( Recipe and ingredients mentioned below)
Ingredients for Royal Icing
- Confectioner’s sugar- 1 pound (4 1/2 cups)
- 6 Tb. water
- 2 Tb. dried egg-white powder
Before you start cooking, keep a few points in mind. Firstly, the dough that you need for this recipe can be prepared two days in advance and must be chilled for at least three hours. If you roll the dough thin, it will bake crisp and cracker-like cookies and when rolled thick, the cookies will be plump and moist. So you can make it as you like.
Now, let’s start with the cooking:
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and position the racks in the top and bottom.
- Now, strain the baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, flour, allspice, salt, pepper and clove into a medium bowl with the help of a wire sieve.
- CBD oil in a large bowl with the help of hand-held electric mixer at high speed. Continue this process for almost a minute until all the ingredients are well- combined. Now add brown sugar and beat it until the mixture is light in color and texture. This should be done for about 2 minutes. Also, beat in the eggs and molasses. Gradually blend this mixture in the flour mixture using a wooden spoon and make a stiff dough. Beat the butter, vegetable shortening and Full Spectrum
- Divide the dough into two disks and wrap each disk in a plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough until chilled for about 3 hours. You can prepare the dough up to 2 days ahead.
- In order to roll out the cookies, use one disk at a time and keep others refrigerated. Now you can remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it stand under room temperature for about 10 minutes. This makes it warm enough to roll out without cracking. You need to now place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and sprinkle the top of the dough with flour.
- Now roll out the dough and make sure that it isn’t sticking to the work surface. If it happens then dust the surface with more flour. If you want softer cookies, roll out the dough slightly thicker. Cut out the cookies with the help of cookie cutter and transfer them to nonstick cookie sheets. Place each cookie one inch apart from other.
Knead the scraps together in order to form another disk. Wrap and refrigerate this disk for another 5 minutes before rolling them out to cut out more cookies.
- Now you can bake the cookies by switching the positions from top to bottom and back to front throughout the baking process. Make sure that the edges of these cookies are crisp and set. You need to bake them for about 10 to 12 minutes. Now cool the cookie sheets for two minutes and then transfer them to the wire cake racks to cool completely. Now you are ready to decorate the cookies with Royal Icing.
Directions For Royal Icing on CBD gingerbread Cookies
- You can prepare the icing up to 2 days ahead and store in an airtight container with a moist paper towel pressed directly on the icing surface, and refrigerated.
- Once refrigerated the icing hardens into shiny white lines. This can be used for piping on gingerbread or other cookies. If you prefer traditional royal icing, you can use raw egg whites. You can also use egg-white powder, which is easily available at supermarkets. This powder also avoids any issues about uncooked egg whites.
- Practice your decorating skills beforehand and then move forward with real icing. You can opt for a few trials by piping onto aluminum foil or wax paper. Once you are comfortable with your skills, you can use a metal spatula to scrape the test icing back into the batch.
- Beat the confectioner’s sugar, egg white powder and water in a medium bowl with the help of a hand-held electric mixer at low speed. Increase the speed to high and beat it until the mixture combines and starts to scrape down the sides of the bowl and becomes stiff, shiny and thick enough to pipe. Do this for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the icing is prepared you are ready to pipe line decorations. You can use a pastry bag fitted with a tube that has a small 1/8-inch wide writing tip. If required you can thin the icing with a little warm water.
Now fit the pastry bag with the tube and fold the top of the bag back to form a cuff. With the help of a rubber spatula, scoop the icing into the bag and twist the top of the bag closed. Now squeeze the icing down to fill the tube.
Ready To Serve Your CBD Gingerbread Cookies?
Your super tasty and delicious CBD infused Gingerbread cookies are ready to be served. Cookies are loved by everyone in the family, especially the children. These cookies are full of healthy ingredients and exclusive organic CBD Oil. So, cook these cookies now and make everyone around you happy and healthy as well.