Due to the introduction of CBD in the medical industry, the last few years have seen a huge improvement in treating ailments that previously seemed impossible. This cannabinoid is being used by people to treat a plethora of health issues such as anxiety, depression, chronic pain, bone issues, epilepsy, and many more. One such health condition which CBD can help in treating is Blood Clots. No doubt, blood clots act as a protective barrier during any injury or wound but sometimes these clots can form inside our veins without any reason and become hard to dissolve. These clots if not treated properly can cause other severe problems. Using CBD can prove to be a natural alternative to treat these blood clots. Let us know more about CBD For Blood Clots further in the article.
About Blood Clots
Blood Clots refer to the semi-solid mass of blood that can block blood flow or break loose and travel to other parts of the body. These blood clots can also be life-threatening depending on the severity and location. These gel-like clumps of blood and are beneficial in stopping bleeding due to an injury or cut.
But when they form inside your veins such as in legs, lungs, or brains, they require medical attention.
Causes Of Blood Clots
Blood Clots blood components such as plasma and platelets thicken to form a semisolid mass. The process of blood clot formation can be triggered due to an injury. These clots can also travel to other parts of your body causing serious problems. Conditions that can cause blood clots to include:
1. Sitting or lying down at a place for long periods of time
2. Medications such as oral contraceptives and hormone therapy drugs
3. Deep Vein Thrombosis
4. Family History of blood clots
6. Heart attack or heart failure
10. Pulmonary embolism
11. Cancer or undergoing cancer treatment
All the above-mentioned factors can cause blood clot issues.
Symptoms Of Blood Clots
The symptoms of blood clots vary depending upon the location and severity of the condition.
1. If the clot is in the heart: You may feel chest pain or heaviness, nausea, sweating, discomfort in the upper body shortness of breath, and light-headedness.
2. If the clot is in the brain: You may feel weakness in the face, legs, arms, difficulty speaking, dizziness, vision problems, severe and sudden headache.
3. If the clot is in the arm or leg: pain and swelling, tenderness warmth in arms or legs.
4. Abdominal Clots: These include abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.
5. If the clot is in the lung: You may face sharp chest pain, shortness of breath, fever, coughing up blood, and a racing heart.
Treatment Of Blood Clots
The treatment options of blood clots are aimed at preventing the blood clot from getting larger or breaking. These options can also reduce the chances of developing more blood clots in the future. Your doctor after knowing the location of blood clots may recommend one or more of the following treatment options:
1. Medications such as anticoagulants act as blood thinners and can help stop blood clots from forming.
2. Compression Stockings which are tight-fitting stockings to reduce the swelling in the leg and prevent blood clots.
3. Surgery can also be recommended to remove a blood clot.
4. Vena Cava Filters are put into the inferior vena cava to catch the blood clots before they go towards the lungs.
Preventing Blood Clots Via CBD For Blood Clots
As discussed above, CBD, an organic supplement can be an effective and natural option of treatment for Blood Clots. Studies show that CBD can help in increasing blood flow. CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid derived from industrial hemp and offers a variety of health benefits
Another symptom of a blood clot is nausea and vomiting. Researchers have studied that our endocannabinoid system is also linked with the feelings of nausea and vomiting and CBD by working with various receptors present in ECS can help in treating this symptom.
Are There Any Side Effects Of CBD?
The medications given to treat blood clots can have adverse side effects on you but CBD is an organic and safe supplement to relieve the symptoms of blood clots. CBD, a potent remedy is usually well-tolerated at high doses but consumption in more than the recommended dosages can lead to certain side effects such as Diarrhea, Dizziness, Tiredness, Headaches predominantly
Therefore, we will always recommend starting at low dosages and consulting your doctor before starting with CBD.
Final Thoughts On CBD For Blood Clots
CBD, a natural supplement can work as an anticoagulant thus helping in thinning of blood and reducing the blood clots from forming. Moreover, this cannabinoid can also be taken to fight the symptoms of blood clots. The best property of CBD is it is organic and safe to be consumed so if you are consuming it in recommended dosages, you do not need to worry about the side effects.
We hope you liked this article on CBD For Blood Clots. If you have any suggestions for us, let us know in the comment section below!