The first thing that comes to your mind when you think of cookie bars is undoubtedly chocolate, caramel, or maybe ice cream. Many other things could be added to this list as well. But, most of you would be startled if we talk about adding CBD to your favorite cookie bars. For any of you who might not know what CBD is, it is a completely natural compound that has the potential to positively affect the endocannabinoid system of our body that regulates a variety of physiological and cognitive processes inside our body. Some of these processes include pain-sensation and mood and appetite management. We have used CBD in this recipe to enhance the health aspect of the delicious cookies and to ensure that you get a healthy delight in your kitchen that is ideal for your family. But, before going to that recipe let us first understand what CBD is and how it leads to positive effects on our body.
CBD- The Safest Natural Healing Compound
CBD or cannabidiol is a cannabinoid identified in the hemp plant and is known to treat a large variety of physical and mental issues like pain, inflammation, anxiety, depression, psychosis, epilepsy, seizures, spasms, and many other issues without any side effects like lethargy, nausea or dysphoria. Earlier, it was confused with THC present in marijuana, but do not be worried as CBD does not contain THC. What’s better is that for a particular strain of CBD to be deemed legal it must contain less than 0.3% of THC. The safety and the recent federal legalization of CBD have made it a common thing now. It is being used on a large scale not just for treating medical issues but also as a healthy ingredient in foods and beverages over the last two years. We have also included high-quality CBD in our recipe to increase the nutritional level of our recipe while maintaining the same crispiness and the lip-smacking taste. Let’s take a look at the recipe now.
CBD Cookie Bars Recipe
The CBD Cookie Bars are the perfect combination of health and taste that you have been always looking for. This is because these bars combine the best of both health and taste in a unique manner. If you pay attention to the simple details of the recipe, you will be able to prepare the most loved cookies with brown crispy edges and a gooey rich center within an hour. We know you can not wait to see the recipe, so without writing anything more, we will straight move to the ingredients and the baking instructions of the highly anticipated CBD Cookie Bars below.
The preparation time including the time it takes for the cookies to cool off is about 40 – 50 minutes. The time and the ingredients mentioned below have been stated keeping in mind to yield a serving of 15-20 Delicious Cookies.
Half a cup of butter
2 tbsp ThoughtCloud’s Full Spectrum CBD in cold-pressed hemp
A cup of cracker crumbs
A cup of cracker chunks
A cup of chocolate chips (Leave a small amount for decoration)
A cup of chopped walnuts
A cup of flaked coconut (Leave a small amount for decoration)
Half a cup of caramel chips
A can of condensed milk (sweetened)
Nonstick baking spray
- Coat a large baking pan by spreading the nonstick baking spray evenly on it. Avoid using too much oil and spread only a sleek coat to make the cookies crisp and brown. Preheat the oven at 325ºF to start the baking process.
- Take half a cup of butter in a pan and melt it on low heat. As soon as the butter melts, pour two spoons of ThoughtCloud’s Full Spectrum CBD in cold-pressed hemp and whisk both of these along with cracker crumbs in a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir for about five minutes and then transfer this mixture in the nonstick cooking pan.
- Now, add the bigger cracker chunks on the top. Press them firmly with the help of a fork to ensure you get a soft and chewy CBD cookie bar.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the mixture in the cooking pan. Remember, to spread the milk coat evenly using a spoon in the pan completely so that it reaches all the crevices.
- Add a layer of chocolate chips, followed by a layer of chopped walnuts, caramel chips, and coconut flakes. Make sure these layers are even.
- Now, take a fork and lightly press these ingredients and place the baking pan into the oven to bake.
- Check the oven after approximately 25 minutes. If the condensed milk rises along the edges, make sure that you put in the remaining coconut flakes and chocolate chips to fill the open areas.
- After putting the chips, bake again for 5 minutes for the last time.
- After 5 minutes, take the pan out of the oven and let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes before cutting them into bars.
Ready To Serve The Mouth-Watering CBD Cookie Bars To Your Family and Friends?
Your CBD cookies bars are ready to be served to your family, friends and loved ones. The best thing about these cookies is that these can be served as an individual snack in baking cups as well as a collective snack in a large plate. Make sure that you store these cookies at room temperature in an airtight box to preserve them for longer durations. CBD is a food-friendly compound and blends smoothly with many different recipes, particularly sweets and desserts. So, if you are still hesitant of using CBD oil in your kitchen, you can begin with easier and quicker ways to infuse it in cookies, desserts, pies, and cakes first.
The best thing that you get with these cookies are the therapeutic effects of CBD are available to you in the form of these delicious cookies. If you are suffering from chronic pain, inflammation, anxiety, depression, or epilepsy, give CBD a try and discover the powerful healing capacity of CBD in your kitchen.