One of my personal favourite things in summers is a satisfying and yummy cold brew coffee. If you have never made a CBD infused brew coffee at home, you are definitely missing out on something really amazing. You must be wondering why you should struggle so hard to brew coffee at home when you can easily get one in your nearby coffee shop?
Firstly, it is not at all difficult to make a cold brew coffee at home and secondly, it is super affordable compared to buying one at a coffee shop. Moreover, if you will make a cold brew coffee at home, you will get a smooth and super refreshing coffee that you might not get at your favorite coffee shop.
You can also add a highly effective and organic supplement CBD oil to your coffee to make it a much healthier delight.
CBD is a natural cannabinoid extracted from the hemp plant and is highly effective in helping with a number of health issues ranging from pain, stress, anxiety, depression to chronic conditions like epilepsy and more.
CBD oil can be taken in many ways and one such way is mixing it in your drinks such as coffee, tea and smoothies. This supplement when consumed, binds to the naturally occurring receptors present in the Endocannabinoid system of our body thus helping in relieving many health issues. Our ECS helps in regulating various body functions such as pain, appetite, mood, and the immune system ultimately helping in maintaining homeostasis.
Being a non-psychoactive and a safe cannabinoid, CBD is considered as a natural way to help with your body functioning and maintaining your overall health.
Today we will be making a CBD infused cold brew coffee that can make your day stress free as well as healthy. This homemade brew coffee is easy and highly satisfying.
How to Make CBD Cold Brew Coffee
Brewing coffee has always been the most loved method of making coffee, especially at home. Moreover, you can also prepare big batches of cold brew which can last for days so that you can easily make a cup whenever you want it next time. This process will give you a smooth cup of coffee with less bitterness.
Let’s jump to this amazing recipe.
CBD Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
Servings: 8 cups or 2 quarts
- Whole Coffee Beans: 8 ounces
- Filtered water: 8 Cups
- 1 cup Ice cubes and 1/2 cup cold water
- Thoughcloud’s Isolated CBD Oil
- Coffee Grinder
- 2 Jars with lids
- Rubber band
- Fine mesh strainer
1. The first step will be to grind the coffee beans in a coffee grinder until coarse. You will have to coarse grind coffee beans to about the size of raw sugar. The capacity of coffee grinder will be less than the number of beans so grind the beans in batches.
2. Now pour the grounded coffee into the jar and add 8 cups of water in it.
3. Gently stir the coffee with water until it is properly blended. Some coffee might float at the top but that’s okay. You have to make sure that all of it gets wet and blends well with water.
4. Now cover the blended coffee and refrigerate it for upto 24 hours or at least 18 hours.
5. After refrigerating the coffee, line a fine-mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set it on a large measuring cup. Now slowly pour the coffee blend through the strainer. Strain the coffee in batches as the strainer might be small in size. Try not to squeeze or press the coffee grounds in the cheesecloth.
6. Once you have strained the whole coffee, transfer it to clean and airtight jars for storing. Cover the jars and refrigerate. You can refrigerate it for up to 2 weeks.
7. Whenever you wish to make your iced coffee. Just fill a glass with 1 cup ice cubes. Add 2 to 3 drops of Isolate CBD Oil to the cup and pour half a cup cold brew over the ice. Now add 1/2 cup cold water to the glass. Stir the mixture to combine. You can also add sweet cream for a smoother coffee and your CBD cold brew is ready to be enjoyed.
Things to do for a better cold brew at home:
Get the right grind: You have to grind the coffee beans something closer to the coarseness of raw sugar as this keeps the brew from getting bitter overnight. If you have a larger grinder, then this is achievable but if your grinder is small, the best way would be to grind the beans in small batches.
Do not rush when it comes to straining the coffee: Go slow while straining the coffee. Straining is a very important aspect of making coffee, therefore, you should strain the cold brew gently via the cheesecloth and strainer. Do not press or squeeze the coffee grounds as it will make the extract more bitter. Strain in batches and strain slowly.
A higher ratio of coffee to water: We have used 8 cups of water to 8 ounces of ground coffee which is a pretty high ratio and is easy to scale the recipe up or down.
For Storage: Undiluted cold brew will last for up to 2 weeks when refrigerated; diluted cold brew will last 2 to 3 days when refrigerated.
Enjoy All-Natural CBD Cold Brew Coffee This Summer
This CBD infused cold brew coffee is all you need when it comes to handling the summer blues. Its smoothness and the infusion of CBD oil will make your summer free of stress and worries. Moreover, if you have had a long tiring day at the office, you can simply take it out from your refrigerator and prepare a cup of coffee in just a few minutes. The infusion of CBD oil will also help in relieving pain related issues by calming your muscles. You can store this coffee in your refrigerator for 2 weeks if diluted and for 2 to 3 days of undiluted.
Just chill and relax with CBD Cold Brew Coffee and your mates this weekend.
We hope you will try this recipe at your home and will let us know your suggestions in the comment section below.
Interesting Read: Can CBD Help Me With Overthinking & Overwhelming?